Followers

Sunday 13 January 2013

Alicia and her Cat

Hi everyone.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend - so far we have have managed to dodge the Beast from the East. I bet it arrives just in time for the rush hour tomorrow! Brent had to work today so after I'd made some soup for during the week and done some ironing I popped into Crafty Corner for a while. And what a disaster I can! Everything I touched went wrong. I had the wrong colour pink card to go with my papers and the images I'd printed all smudged! I'm so off shopping to get an original cartridge for our printer tomorrow rather than the cheapie one that is in there at the mo. I did manage to make two cards this afternoon - one was OK and I'll post that at a later date (Valentine's Day!!!) and here is the other - although this one is not without its flaws, see if you can spot them!


It took forever for the bow to stick and then when I tried to put the heart on it it fell off twice and put glue over the pink spotty paper so I had to add the flourish as well! I had to die cut the corners about three times as it didn't go through all the layers and on one of them the paper was the wrong side up. And as for the coluring her hairband doesn't really match and if you look by her bum you can see where the cheap ink ran when I tried to colour her. And the more I tried to correct it the worse it got! I didn't dare try and colour anything else so I am still back to square one and got stacks of cards to make for my DT's! Maybe we'll get snowed in!!

Fingers crossed I find the right cartridges tomorrow so I can re-print!

See you soon!

Lisa xx

Card Ingredients:-

Square Kraft card blank
Green Bazzill card
Papers from Country Companions
Dies from Dienamics, Sizzix and Whimsy Corner
Ribbon from local cake decorating store
Pearls and heart from Hobbycraft
Flowers from stash
Image - Alicia and her cat from Alicia's Little Shop coloured with Spectrum Noir pens (GT1 GT2 GB8 GB10 FS2 FS4 FS7 CR2 CR3 CR4 BG2 BG3 BT1 IB1 EB1 EB2 TB4 and PP1)

Entered into the Anything Goes challenge at http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Anything Goes challenge at http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Tie a Ribbon Around it challenge at http://www.comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Anything Goes challenge at http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Recipe challenge at http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Something new with pink challenge at http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the Anything Goes challenge at http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/

Entered into the challenge at http://aliciaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

10 comments:

  1. Lol why does it always happen like that, its only you that notices the little mistakes, fabulous card! My SC card has gone well today just finished but I cant get a decent pic,gonna wait till tomorrow now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful image and your colouring is stunning lovely layout and embellis l don't spot anything wrong with it its gorgeous Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful & I love all your added embellies. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs~
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Love those soft colours, Beautiful image coloured just perfect!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week... May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flaws? What flaws? I just see a lovely card, such a sweet image and gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Come & Get It this week.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lisa! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supercute card ♥
    Thanks for joining us at DVC
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet image thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Emonie
    Emoniedezigns.com

    ReplyDelete